Serves 4, 12 carbohydrate grams per serving
Notes from the Chef
Even I know there is more to life than chocolate. Yes, even for Valentine’s Day. This very simple crème is a great light dessert by itself or as a filling for Ricotta crème Gateau or napoleons.
-STOP!!- MUST be made in a food processor or it will be grainy. It will still taste good but the texture will be off.
It takes less time to make the dessert than to clean the machine you make it in.
- ¾ cup GRANULATED SUGAR SUBSTITUTE
- 1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- 1-30 oz. container of ricotta cheese
- 2 Tbsp. Trop 50
- 2 Tbsp. Raspberry liquor
- Or ¼ tsp. Raspberry flavoring
- 6- ounces fresh raspberries
- Place GRANULATED SUGAR SUBSTITUTE in the bowl of a food processor. Add the ricotta cheese and process for two minutes. Scrape down the sides and process for 1-2 minutes more. Add the Trop 50 juice and process until blended. Slowly add the fresh raspberries Pulse until smooth and creamy
- Spoon the mixture into 1 cup white ramekins (for the kids) or Martini or wine glasses for adults Cover and refrigerate 2-4 hours or more.
- Top with very lightly sweetened raspberries soaked in 1 tablespoon of Trop 50.
Not every recipe on our site is appropriate for every person with diabetes. Please follow the recommendations of your doctor, dietitian or nutritionist.