Round-Up Hot Dogs Recipe
- 1/2 cup low-fat, Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- 1/4 tsp Black pepper
- 8 low-fat all beef or turkey Hot Dogs
- 8 slices low-fat Bacon
3 tbs sour pickle relish
- Combine cheese, relish, and pepper in a bowl. Mix to blend.
- Slice hot dogs down the long side, not quite through.
- Stuff hot dogs with cheese mixture.
- Fry bacon slightly, but keep flexible, not crisp.
- Wrap each hot dog with a slice of bacon. Fasten each end of the bacon with a toothpick.
- Place hot dogs on a broiler or hot grill. Then broil for 3 to 4 minutes.
1 serving: 2 1/2 high-fat meat
Calories, 1 serving: 240 Carbohydrates
Taken from Diabetic Snack and Appetizer Cookbook
Diabetic Friendly Suggestions: Use low-fat cheddar cheese, reduced-fat all beef hot dog or turkey hot dogs, turkey bacon, a whole-grain bun
Recipe reviewed by Dietitian Kimberly A. Tessmer, RD LD
In the event that you find that this hot dog recipe is not appropriate for diabetics, please contact us and and we will review your suggestions.
Photo by By Evan Swigart from Chicago, USA (Hot Dog on a Plate) [CC-BY-2.0 (http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/2.0)], via Wikimedia Commons