One Dish Pork Chop Dinner Recipe
- 8 Pork chops (1/2 inch thick)
- 1/3 cup All-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 cup Apple juice, divided
- 2 lb Small, red potatoes
- 1 lb Small, whole onions
- 1 lb Carrots, peeled cut into 3 inch pie
- 6 to 8 cups shredded cabbage
- Coat pork chops in flour; reserve excess flour.
- In a large dutch oven melt butter over medium-high heat.
- Brown chops on both sides. Season with pepper and salt (as desired).
- Remove and set aside.
- Stir reserved flour into pan; cook and stir until paste forms.
- Gradually wisk in 1 1/2 cups apple juice; blend until smooth.
- Return chops to dutch oven; cover and bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.
- Add potatoes, onions, carrots and remaining apple juice.
- Cover and bake 30 minutes longer.
- Top with cabbage; cover and bake 1 to 1 1/2 hours or until the pork chops are tender, basting occasionally with juices.
Nutrition Information per Serving
- 464 Calories
- 333 mg Sodium
- 56 mg Cholesterol
- 43 g Carbohydrate
- 19 g Protein
- 24 g Fat
Source: Pat Waymire, Yellow Springs, OH, Country Woman Magazine May/June '93 Posted by: Jim Bodle 11/93
Photo Source: Stef Yau
In the event that you find that this recipe is not appropriate for diabetics, please contact us and we will review your suggestions.