Mock Shortbread Cookies - Diet Recipe
Makes 2 dozen cookies
- 1 nonstick vegetable spray
- 2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 each egg
- 2 package sugar substitute - not aspartame
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350F. Spray cookie sheet with nonstick vegetable spray.
- Combine all ingredients to form a soft dough. Roll or pat out on floured board to 1/4-inch thick.
- Cut 2-inch rounds and place 1-inch apart on prepared cookie sheet. Bake for 15-20 minutes until edges are a light golden brown.
SERVING SIZE: 1 cookie, EXCHANGES: 1/2 Starch/bread and 1 Fat, NUTRIENT CONTENT per serving: CAL 89, FAT 5 gm, Na 23 mg, Fiber 0 gm, PRO 2 gm, CHO 9 gm, K 14 mg, Chol 11 mg.
SOURCE: The American Diabetes Association, The American Dietetic Association - Family Cookbook, Volume III - with microwave adaptations, copyright 1987.
This recipe comes from our diabetic Cookie recipes collection. It is unfeasible for us to validate every single one of the diabetic Cookie recipes to make sure that they are all totally adapted for diabetes sufferers. Our site has thousands of unique recipes in the collection, and to cook them all at the rate of one per day would take almost 6 years. We strongly advise you to read the recipe ingredients with due care to verify that all the recipes are compliant with the dietary guidelines your nutritionalist has given you. In the event that you think that this Bean Biscuits recipe is not safe for sufferers of diabetes, then please inform us and we will change or remove the recipe concerned from the diabetes friendly recipe collection.