Cakey Vanilla Doughnuts
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 1 1/4 cups whole wheat flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- Dash of salt
- 1/2 cup low-fat yogurt (plain)
- 1/2 cup brown sugar or sugar substitute blend
- 1 egg, whisked
- 2 tbsp canola oil
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp granulated sugar or substitute
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Coat a doughnut pan with cooking spray.
- In a mixing bowl, add flour, baking soda, and salt. In a separate small bowl, combine yogurt, brown sugar, egg, oil, and vanilla and whisk until smooth. Add wet mixture to flour mixture. Stir until well mixed and smooth.
- Place batter in a large resealable plastic bag. Cut off a small corner of the bag with scissors, and squeeze batter into prepared doughnut pan, filling each hole about two-thirds full.
- Bake donuts about 8 minutes or until nearly firm when lightly pressed. Cool in pan on a wire rack for 3 minutes, then remove donuts from pan and cool an additional 3 minutes.
- In a bowl, stir together granulated sugar and cinnamon. Dip warm cake doughnuts into sugar mixture, turning to coat on all sides.
Nutritional Information per Serving
- 172 Calories
- 4 g Fat
- 1 mg Cholesterol
- 32 g Carbohydrates
- 18 g Sugar
- 4 g Protein
Source: Diabetic Living Online
In the event you find this recipe inappropriate for diabetics, please contact us and we will review your suggestions.