Smooth Chocolate Pie
- 2 cups plain fat-free Greek yogurt
- 1 package unflavored gelatin
- 1/2 cup fat-free milk
- 1/2 of an 8 - ounce package reduced-fat cream cheese
- 4 oz semisweet chocolate (chips or chopped bar)
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1 low-fat graham cracker crumb pie crust (pre-packaged)
- 3/4 cup frozen light whipped dessert topping (optional)
- In a small saucepan, sprinkle package of gelatin over the milk; let stand for 5 minutes. Heat and stir milk mixture on low heat just until gelatin is dissolved.
- Slowly whisk in cream cheese until melted. Add chocolate; heat and stir over low heat until chocolate melts. Remove contents from heat. Stir in sugar and vanilla. Transfer everything to a large bowl; cool for 15 minutes.
- Stir about a quarter of the Greek yogurt into the chocolate mixture until everything is smooth. Fold in the remaining yogurt. Spread mixture evenly in the pie shell.
- Let pie chill in the refrigerator for minimum 3 hours before serving. Cut into wedges to serve. If desired, top each serving with whipped topping.
Nutritional Information per Serving
- 235 Calories
- 9 g Fat
- 9 mg Cholesterol
- 140 mg Sodium
- 35 g Carbohydrates
Source: Diabetic Living Online
Photo Source: Connie Mah / Flickr
In the event you find this recipe inappropriate for diabetics, please contact us and we will review your suggestions.